- Contact KPHD to obtain BinaxNOW COVID-19 rapid antigen cards for use at your facility.
- Contact Anna Gonzalez at email@example.com or (360) 633-9693.
- Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Expiration dates for the tests available are 4/8/2021, 4/13/2021, and 5/2/2021.
- Utilize BinaxNOW COVID-19 rapid antigen cards according to manufacturer instructions and in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Review CDC Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 (link below).
- Testers need to review BinaxNOW training materials prior to administering the tests (link below).
- Interpret and confirm results of BinaxNOW COVID-19 rapid antigen tests according to manufacturer instructions and CDC guidelines.
- Consider community positivity rate and clinical and epidemiological context of the individual being tested.
- KPHD COVID-19 antigen interpretation flowsheet is attached to aid in interpretation, including when to perform confirmatory PCR.
- Understand reporting requirements for COVID-19 rapid antigen tests (point of care testing). Reporting to WA DOH and KPHD is required.
- All point of care (POC) test results (positive & negative) must be reported to WA DOH. See link below for reporting options.
- Report positive test results to KPHD by faxing the completed KPHD WA COVID-19 POC result form to (360) 813-1168.
Kitsap Public Health District (KPHD) has free BinaxNOW rapid antigen cards available to distribute to community partners for use at their facilities. Please contact Anna Gonzalez at KPHD if you are interested in receiving BinaxNOW rapid antigen cards. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted emergency use authorization (EUA) for antigen tests that can identify SARS-CoV-2. The high specificity and rapid BinaxNOW antigen test turnaround time facilitate earlier isolation of infectious persons. Antigen tests can be an important tool in an overall community testing strategy to reduce transmission.
1) CDC Interim Guidance for Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antigen-tests-guidelines.html#general-guidance
2) Abbott BinaxNOW Ag training materials – https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott/en/support/product-installation-training/navica-brand/navica-binaxnow-ag-training.html
3) WA DOH Reporting COVID-19 Test Results for Point-of-Care Testing Facilities –